It’s so nice to make new friends! Welcome to my blog where it’s cold in Virginia today, and I love the cold! What about you? The only thing that would make this cold weather better is if we would get a lot of snow. Located where we are, close to the coast, we don’t get a lot of snow, but when we do, it’s so peaceful and everything shuts down. We’re not prepared for the snow like the locations to the far north of us, so schools, offices, and businesses close until they get the roads cleared. It’s the perfect excuse to do nothing but sit in front of a cozy fire and read a great book or catch up with new friends like you!
A big pot of soup is so welcome on a cold winter day and I recently made the most delicious, easiest soup ever. Pumpkin soup! It’s so creamy and full of flavor with just a little touch of heat. It’s also low-carb! Yep, pumpkin is low-carb and so healthy. And the best part – it reheats beautifully in the microwave, so you can have warm, yummy soup any time you want! Credit for this comforting soup goes to Taryn at Joy Filled Eats. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Easy Pumpkin Soup
- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (to taste)
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp roasted, salted, pepitas
- Add the pumpkin puree, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne pepper, and thyme to a medium saucepan. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, to give the flavors time to meld.
- Remove from the heat, and add the heavy cream.
- If desired, garnish with sour cream, parsley, and pepitas.